Hey Star Wars fashion fans! It’s time for the Heroines Of The Disney Galaxies panel at the D23 Expo – and I’ll be live blogging along! Ashley Eckstein will of course be there, and I can’t wait to celebrate the heroines of the Star Wars Galaxy along with you 🙂
Heroines of the Disney Galaxies—Presented by BoxLunch
Sunday, August 25, 10 a.m., Stage 28
Join Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, creator of Her Universe) and some very special guests—including Sana Amanat (VP of Content & Character Development, Marvel), Ally Maki (Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger, Toy Story 4), and Christy Carlson Romano (Kim Possible, Even Stevens, Big Hero 6: The Series)—for a celebration of some of the most inspiring and empowered heroines from the worlds of Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more!
- Ashley Eckstein! Love her new Darth Vader dress!
- Love her gorgeous Disney Princess Leia Mickey Ears, and her silvery eye makeup to match.
- Ashley is introducing the panel guests – Christy Carlson Romano, Sana Amanat, Ally Maki, and Genesis Rodriguez.
- Ashley is talking about Ahsoka Tano, and helping others
- Fan ‘Titanium Amy’ is brought on stage – “Disney Heroines never give up” – “Focus on the things that make you unique” – absolutely inspiring personal story from Amy!
- Christy Carlson Romano from Kim Possible (clip shown) – “When I think of a trailblazer, I think of Kim Possible“.
- Christy has started her own series on Youtube – Christy’s Kitchen Throwback
- Ashley – “Kindness is a strength“
- Sana Amanat – sharing how she created Ms Marvel Kamala Khan
- Marvel Rising – next generation of Marvel heroes – showing an exclusive clip from the animated series
- There is going to be a live action Ms Marvel series, announced this weekend at D23 Expo. The character has only existed for 6 years, which is a huge deal – “the epitome of breaking down barriers“
- Ally Maki – showing a clip of her character Giggle McDimples from Toy Story 4
- A heroine has the power to support those around her
- We can feel so small, but our voice can make us feel big
- I love the character of Giggle McDimples in Toy Story 4!
- Showing girls working together
- Ally is an entrepreneur – she started the ‘Asian American Girl Club‘ apparel brand, feeling like she was always cast as the ‘sidekick’. Talking about seeing positive female friendships on screen.
- Genesis Rodriguez – voice of Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6 – showed a clip from the animated series.
- She is apologetically smart… a heroine is not afraid to show off her intelligence.
- Genesis was in a robotics team, so she was so excited that her character was also into robotics and chemistry.
- Honey Lemon doesn’t need to compromise her bubbly pink personality to be smart
- Genesis shared a recent story of an eight year old girl won a science prize for building a solar power panel from only recycled materials – inspiring girls to get involved in STEM.
- We all have an emotional connection to a character in the Disney Galaxy
- Ashley – What would Ahsoka do?
- Ashley loves Alice from Alice In Wonderland – inspired by Alice’s words of accomplishing the impossible.
- Sana is inspired by Mulan, Christy is inspired by Moana, and Genesis is inspired by Moana too – and Leia! Ally is inspired by Joy from Inside Out.
- Is there anyone better than Leia?
- Ashley – Star Wars is not just for men and boys – Star Wars is for everyone. She was inspired by the number of guys that came forward supporting Her Universe, providing Star Wars fashion for women and girls.
- Inclusion is such an important word
- BoxLunch hid 3 gift cards in the audience – lucky fans!
- And that’s it! What a great panel 🙂
Photo sourced from and belongs to Her Universe/ Box Lunch.