Today Ashley Eckstein hosted a live chat on the Her Universe Facebook page, and she answered so many great fan questions. The chat lasted an hour, and covered topics like the new website, sizing, shipping, and more. It was great to see so many fans watching and participating, and we got some exciting hints at Star Wars fashion coming soon!
You can watch the full video here or scroll down for a summary of the news and topics Ashley covered –
New Star Wars fashion coming soon –
- New collection from the winners of the Her Universe Fashion Show, which includes a Naboo skirt and Naboo cardigan! Due for release around US summer.
- New Star Wars apparel to be released at Celebration Orlando, including Ahsoka themed t-shirt with artwork by Dave Filoni, 40th Anniversary A New Hope designs, and Hera Syndulla t-shirt (a Celebration exclusive, but will also be available on the Her Universe website for fans who can’t attend). They consulted with voice actress Vanessa Marshall for the perfect Hera quote to use in the design.
- Her Universe wants to be the home of Ahsoka Tano fashion – they are planning an Ahsoka collection!
Other fashion news, could be Star Wars related –
- Activewear collection coming soon, didn’t mention which license.
- New apparel to be released at San Diego Comic Con, didn’t mention which licenses would be included.
Previewed several new items –
- ‘May The Force Be With You’ denim jacket – embroidered ‘SW’ on left shoulder, and MTFBWY embroidered on back. Has front pockets and large internal pockets (could even fit Ashley’s large size smart phone). For those interested, Ashley Eckstein wears a small in the denim jacket.
- New Rogue One items, including raglan short sleeve top and U-Wing hoodie.
- New Princess Leia tribute top. Uses the same print design as the girl’s t-shirt available at Disney Parks, but in adult sizes. Features Princess Leia with the text ‘Self Rescuing Princess’. Still in the approval process, but expected to launch in about a week, with proceeds going to charity.
- Ahsoka holiday hoodie, with artwork by Dave Filoni (same art as the collectable pin released last year).
Website and related topics –
- Accounts did not transfer with the new site, so you will need to create a new account. Signing up for the newsletter will give you a 25% off voucher via email, valid for 14 days.
- Reassured fans about the juniors sizing, that it will be consistent, and will make much more available in plus sizes.
- Separate website product pages for juniors and plus/extended sizes
- European store EMP will be stocking Her Universe product – they have ordered Her Universe stock, so look for it soon.
- New lower shipping rates for US customers. Standard shipping is now only US$4.99 per shipment (same as Hot Topic).
- Gift cards are coming soon. Older gift card codes unfortunately do not work on the new site, replacement codes have/will be emailed out.
- Her Universe now has a return policy!
- They are actively looking at a possible reward programme system, like the ‘Hot Cash’ and ‘Haute Cash’ rewards of Hot Topic and Torrid.
Other fun topics –
- Previewed a new Her Universe blanket, made from hoodie fabric, featuring the text ‘Eat Geek Sleep Repeat’.
- Fangirl Of The Day is back, highlighting a fangirl every day, so submit your entries. These will be featured on the website, blog, social media, and in an weekly email roundup.
- Please continue to use #flauntyourworld on Instagram, as Ashley loves to see fans showing off their fangirl style. Selected photos are featured on the Her Universe website.
- Announcing new licenses in spring, no hints yet.
- Men’s products will be issued under the new ‘Our Universe’ label, as part of Her Universe.
- At least 2 of the women used to model the new apparel work for Hot Topic – they want to celebrate and highlight fangirls.
- Not surprisingly, the Ahsoka novel by E.K. Johnston is Ashley’s favourite book.
- Her Universe Press has been on hold during the move, but is coming back. Have found a new publishing partner, and they still have all the submissions.
Photos sourced from and belong to Her Universe.